Monday, October 27, 2008

In Bloom

I am proud to announce that after growing orchids for more than 5 years with plenty of new growth but never a flower I now have one orchid in bloom (my phalenopsis) and 2 more in "spike" which will bloom soon.

In addition the Hibiscus hasn't stopped blooming since August and I even have flowers on my african violet. I am very good at keeping plants alive and getting them to grow but I have never been able to get anything to bloom. I don't know what's going on but I love it!



OK so it bloomed sideways. I'm not picky!

ps thank you to my wonderfully greenthumbed husband for teaching me everything I know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're blooming lucky! G.G.

Kevin said...

Huzzah!!

'BOTB said...

I think it's Dela.

Anonymous said...

One Bloom in five years?...Thank goodness your not relying solely on your garden to eat...Our flowers bloom every year without fail...Yes dandylines are a flower...Dad

Anonymous said...

TWO LOONS PLUS ONE...that's three and also an "odd" number...Do you want to be known as an "ODD" family?...Tell Badger grandpa's down to 169...