Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's another rainy day in Cleveland. This is the start of the "sun? what's a sun?" season here. This season will last until around May. Today is election day here in these beautiful United States of America. I hope all who read this have done their civic duty. Well Ok, perhaps some readers are too young to vote yet, but when the time comes you know what to do... and if you don't, find out. I will say no other political commentary here, other than vote for who you feel is looking out for you, and not themselves. Besides if I did make some commentary, I probably would get a red flag and a government log started on some mainframe in the pentagon's basement. However, living in Ohio I do feel I have the most right to complain. Has anyone looked into our election lately... many people vote by absentee to protest poorly secured voting machines and mysteriously the absentee ballots disappear. Does it have anything to do with the fact that the person in charge of running the elections is also running for governor? Nah, why would a conflict of interest alarm go off? Just because half of Ohio's incumbants have criminal records.... enough said about that.
On a happier note, I'm working more steadily in the substituting trenches (and I thought construction was hard.) I really enjoy it and am getting a lot of good feedback. The substitute office at the C.H. board of Ed. is already getting request for me from some teachers. I've also had students ask when I'll start teaching at their school. I've found that the middle schoolers are easier to manage than the high schoolers. I think it's because I can still strike a little fear into the middle schoolers. It's hard to intimidate someone twice your size. I'm not saying I haven't done it... I'm saying it was hard.
We had a visit from Bo and Cindy this past weekend and it was delightful. It's always nice to see Cindy. We would love any more visits from anyone reading this blog. We bought a big house in order to make guest feel welcome. We haven't seen most of you in Cleveland since the first summer we lived here. There is so much more to see and do here at the Two Loon's Lodge.

We'll leave a light on for ya.

Oh yea I changed the Photo Gallery link so that it is now a shutterfly website. There are more pictures to view and (per request) you can order prints if you'd like. Have fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, election day. I remember the election motto in Chicago, "Vote early, vote often". Here in Michigan, we have a massive battle for Governor going on with big $$$. If only they spent it on the state instead, we'd have a balanced budget. When is Bo going to run for Governor so we can get this state running like a top? And when are we going to get a blog entry from the Doc?

bigloon said...

Right. Granholm vs. DeVos. I've heard about this election from many sources. I think the right woman won. As for us, we're a blue state now. We got new senators, new representatives, and a new governor. No more "coin-gate" boys. Bo is retireing in a couple of years from judging and is wondering what to do after that... if you support him now he may head gubernatorial. He likes his farm though and it will be hard to get him to Lansing. As for a blog from the doc... let's just say she is concentrating on figuring out her cell phone. (LOVE YOU, HONEY!!)

Anonymous said...

If reading a blog makes my identity a blogger , then I are one. So glad you became a bloffer, cause we now get more info from you two(one). Couldn't get it back after your first message, but Greg gave me the savvy to get on your channel(old name for blog site)
I'm positive you'll be a great HS teacher, and will be liked and even respected (better be)

Anonymous said...

I am now officially a bloger...with reference to corupt politic's I won again...considering how I performed in the candidate dabate (I was accused of talking to myself) and the absence of signs (I did wear a campain button one night) I'm lucky to have a job...I did get more votes in my counties than any other candidate but considering I am chairman of the election commission and responsible for all ballots that is hardly suprising...with this kind of background perhaps I am ready for chicago politics...So where is my daughter and why doesn't she contribute to this blog?...Bo