Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Time for another wonderful Mulder blog. Sarah is doing well in Africa and all I have to say about that is "only 10 more days!!!" I have been keeping very busy with work, which has been nice. I'm so exhausted by the time I hit the pillow that I barely notice that my bed is lonely. I have been really enjoying teaching at the high school. I'm turning the most notorious classes around and making lots of friends. This photo is evidence to why it is a bad idea to fall asleep in Mr. Mulder's classroom... especially when he brought a camera that day. I am very proud of the progress my students have made in science. More and more I have students coming for extra help after school and administration commenting about the good reports they are receiving from both students and staff. They are even overlooking some of my more unorthodox behaviors. One day I had my whole class walking backwards down the hallway to try to get a grasp on the concept of "frame of reference." Yesterday I was even immortalized in a student made comic book, which I believe may be the highest honor a teacher can receive.
I did take a few days off last week and flew down to Florida to see my parents at The Villages. As much as it was "Disney for the retired" I had a lot of fun. I got to go fishing with T.J., my college room mate, the first day there and man did I catch a big fish. T.J. caught it on film.I think the angle of the picture makes it look smaller or something, because that thing must have weighed 4 lbs. easy. My dad, Tj and I had a great day on the river, even if the fish weren't biting all that readily. Since the last time I really saw Tj, he acquired a wife and three daughters, but he hasn't changed a bit. He's still a great guy who will do anything for ya. I hope to make it a habit to go down to Orlando and do some fishing with him. I have to go at least once more, because he wants to meet the crazy woman who would marry his old room mate, and that crazy woman would like to meet him too. Another great thing about heading down to Florida was seeing my sister and her family. It's always a great thing to spend some time as the uncle. I promised Sarah some blog photos of some healthy kids, so here they are... in their pajamas.
All in all life is going pretty good. It's very busy, but in 10 days my wife comes home on the same day my spring break starts. We are then disappearing into the woods for a while, followed by a trip up to Michigan. Since Nathan and Heather's wedding is approaching, the bridal showers have started. My job will to be to keep Nathan and Bo company during the event, and gosh darn it I'm going to give it my all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read the blog, and that you are enjoying HS teaching and are doing great with the students and faculty. Glad to hear of Sarah too

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign the comment. I'm Gramps G.

Anonymous said...

I believe that I have caught that same fish. He must have swum down from Michigan. Don't forget to stop by on your way thru GR! I have a potential backpack invite for you but I don't know your email.

Anonymous said...

So you travel 2,000 miles to catch a fish that we in Chippewa lake use for bait?...Did I mention that I run a summer guide service in Chippewa Lake...I'll even untangle lines and bait your hooks...Beer/bait provided...ALL Mulder's and off spring are invited...Bo

Anonymous said...

What are you guys doing? Sarah has been home for almost a week if I remember correctly, and there still is no new blog. it's possible to do two things at a time, you know!
Thought we would receive a GR timetable by now! I'm getting red in the face, holding my breath!
G. & G.

Kevin said...

New post, now.

Ready, set, go...

Anonymous said...

Need new post... going thru withdrawl... can't survive much longer...