Saturday, January 17, 2009

Random Rambles

OK so I've been a little negligent on the postings. I'm a busy guy. Especially when both my girls get afflicted with some kind of virus that makes them loose their lunch, or dinner, or snack, or whatever happens to be in them at the time. Now everyone is healthy again. Adeline is starting the transition to toddler. Yikes. Not only is she getting closer and closer to walking everyday (now she can stand briefly) but she also is developing the charming toddler trait of screaming when the slightest thing doesn't go her way. I guess that comes with the territory until she can communicate with words. She is starting to know what NO means. She is getting more picky when it comes to eating too. Before she was a gaping mouth that you could put anything in and it would happily go down. Now if she doesn't like it... of course a scream. Sarah and my lives are changing quicker than ever.
Our slowly but surely house flip is moving quicker these days. Sarah and I re-painted the dining room this weekend. It looks really sharp. Last weekend Kevin and I built a nice set of shelves in the master closet. I'm really happy with the results (Thanks Kevin). Now all I have to do in the master bedroom is to trim it out. While Kevin and I were doing that, Sarah painted the back stairwell. Sometimes its amazing how much you didn't realize how dingy something was until you put a new coat of paint on it. Next we tackle the back hall.
Well I guess I'd better wrap this post up with some random pictures. I would put a video here, since I got a reallllly nice video camera for Christmas (thanks dad) but I've found that now taking videos is so easy that I'm never satisfied with the results. The "I can get a better shot of that" idea causes me to delete most of what I film. I'll keep working on it.

The family Christmas at Greg and Jill's was wonderful.

Dad finally filled that prescription for stronger glasses.


Due to good presents...
Sarah's pressing cheese.
And I'm making pasta.Anyone is welcome for dinner at any time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Dela got a box for Christmas. Best present ever invented! You better git good at working that video camera fast so you can capture those very first wobbly steps. Then we can share in the excitement through technology.

Anonymous said...

Didn't realize that Sarah and Dela both got the virus. Glad they are both over it. Hope it wasn't too uncomfortable. Raybrook was all shut down when I got home from Florida because of the virus. Fortunately Grams didn't get it and now I can go to see her.