Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Single Mom

Not really and I'm glad of it. joel is in lovely Napa valley this week living it up with the admin from Heights High. I heard from him this morning so I know he made it out safe despite having to set foot in Texas. I'm pretty sure after the airport insident of '01 they would shot him on sight and hang him from the gun rack with the 30/30 that brought him down. Just kidding... maybe

Adeline and I are hunkered down and expecting 5 inches of snow tonight and 5 more tomorrow. The weatherpeople around here are so melodramatic though, I'm pretty sure we'll only see 2 inches at the most.

She has been doing well but misses her daddy. She especially looks for him when it's time to get her giraffe and go to bed. She's growing up so fast. She now gets her teeth brushed every night which of course she doesn't understand but enjoys thanks to vast improvements in the taste of children's toothpaste.
We have a new list of favorite foods. Now on the menu we have:
of course chicken, bananas, carrots but also
waffles
cheese
edamame
alvocado (she really likes this)
tomatoes
cucumber
olives
pears
daddy's pasta
mac'n'cheese
chickpeas
snot

not on the menu:
mommy :-(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Badger's menu...what is edamame?...where's the sugar?...

Five inchs of snow?...Poor baby! At least in Cleveland their still using "inches" to measure snowfall..Up here unless it's a least a "foot" it doesn't bear mentioning...

Where's the Badger aniversery party "present list"?...Looking at her menu I'm thinking of moon pies, twinkie and an assortment of peeps...Grandpa Bo

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a growth of menu. Watch her weight, I want to be able to pick her up the next time I see her! The last item on the menu is an unfavorite of babies and over 80 guys, I should know. But it ain't easy to get the snot rag outa the back pocket when sitting on the pocket! Love, G.G.Greven-(GOOD)

Kevin said...

2 inches?! riiiiight....

Anonymous said...

So is the Badger walking?...Where's the update?...Can't you get the new video to work?...Should be able to buy her new shoes with the 10 bucks you won last night...I NEED A BADGER FIX....